Sunday 19 January 2014

Inside My Make-up Bag





Every week flies by me without a second thought and I have now found myself at my boys house with none of the products that I was intending to blog about.  So instead of telling you all about how fantastic I think the Lily-Flame candles are or about how creamy and long lasting I find the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick collection I am going to dip into my make-up bag and share with you my everyday make-up.  All of the pictures above show everything I am currently wearing on a daily basis.

First up is my Lancome Teint Visionnaire Skin Perfecting Makeup duo.  Now, in all honesty finding the perfect foundation for my skin is an ongoing struggle.  I've tried a fair few and whilst this Lancome one is the best I've tried so far it still battles to blend out nicely when my skin is having a dry, angry day.  This foundation does actually come with a concealer but I feel it is quite thick and difficult to smooth onto my skin and I would much rather use a liquid concealer.

Which brings me onto the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.  A lot of people have had very good things to say about this concealer and I have to say it took me a while to really be convinced that such a cheap concealer could work so well.  I use it under my eyes and to cover any blemishes I might have and it lasts me all day, what more could you want?!

For bronzer, which I lightly dust over my whole face, I use the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Shimmer Bronzer in 02.  I actually got this for christmas in 2012 and I have used it ever since.  Its the perfect bronze for my face with a slight glow but without being too sparkly.

My favourite blush currently is the Lancome Blush Subtil Palette that actually comes with a sculpt, blush and highlight.  On an everyday basis I tend to only use the blush, its the perfect peachy pink shade for the apples of my cheeks.

I find shaping my eyebrows a real effort, especially on days where I am in a rush and I really can't be bothered to spend time getting them right.  So when I found the Topshop brow pencil and discovered how easy it was to use I was really, really happy. Their make-up range surprises me more and more all of the time and this particular brow pencil has become a staple product in my make-up bag.

Moving onto the eyes I like to keep it quite simple.  I use the Lancome Hypnose Drama everyday without a fail.  The brush of this mascara amazes me.  It is quite curved so that when  you apply the mascara it applies thicker on the outer corner of your lashes which I love.  I am currently using a sample size of this one because I had a couple in gift sets that I had for Christmas, but I can safely say that I have already ditched my previous mascara and as soon as this runs out I will be purchasing the full size.

For liner in the day I actually prefer to use a Pencil rather than a liquid.  I find that the liquid always seems too thick and dark on my lids no matter how thin I apply it.  This of course is fine for nights out but in the day I prefer my liner to be quite smokey and simple. The one I am using and loving at the moment is the Lancome Le Crayon Khol in 01 Noir.

I find that my lips need quite a lot of attention as they can get quite dry quite quickly which isn't great.  I use the Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm which I find to be extremely moisturising and also adds a bit of colour.  I'll also sometimes use a lipstick, depending on where I am going or how I am feeling, and I am currently loving the Lancome L'absolu Rouge in 132.  It is a very classic and christmassy red which I think is beautiful.

I try to minimise the amount of brushes I use on a daily basis as it means if I go away somewhere I don't have to take too many with me.  To apply my foundation I use the Lancome Foundation Brush No.2, to apply my concealer I use the Bare Minerals Max Coverage Concealer Brush and for my blusher and bronzer I use the Lancome Cheek & Countour Brush No.25.

As I said before, these are just my everyday products that manage to make me look alive.  What products are you loving and using at the moment?

Love Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment