Sunday 23 February 2014

The Origins Edit







I've been searching high and low for skincare products that actually do good for my skin.  Up until I found Origins I had tried, tested and chucked out far too many products.  I actually felt like giving up, my skin was the driest it had ever been yet all of the moisturisers I was using were causing me to break out.  What a nightmare I can tell you.  I visited Origins in John Lewis West Quay and the lady I spoke to was very helpful.  I left with huge knowledge on Origins skincare and lots of little sample pots of the products she felt would be good for me.  They also offer free facials to help you find the perfect products suited to your skin.  Over the last few weeks my skin is finally starting to pick up and look happy, so because of that I thought I would share with you the products that have been working so well for me.  

This cleanser is focused more on nourishing the skin whilst cleaning rather than stripping your face clean.  This was important for me because my skin was so dry, with this cleanser I don't necessarily have to moisturise after using as my skin already feels really soft.  Its a gentle cleanser that sweeps the dirt from the face leaving you feeling clean, fresh and with 'baby bum' soft skin.  What a perfect world.

A Mask that does exactly what it says on the tube, gets your skin out of trouble.  It's important not to overuse this mask as it is quite drying, but with sensible use (meaning only when your skin is troubled with blemishes) its a really good mask that actually leaves my skin feeling soft.  You can apply it all over on freshly cleaned skin or even just pop it on your spots.  I like to leave it on for 10-20 minutes until its hardened and then I will wash off with a flannel leaving my skin happy and healthy.

Okay, this is a great one for dry skin.  With my first use of this mask my skin was incredibly dry, when I woke up the next morning to wash it off my skin was so moist and hydrated I literally couldn't believe it.  How can one use of one mask turn my skin around overnight?  Well, this one can.  You apply it on a bit like a moisturiser, but leaving it sitting on the skin so it can soak in.  I usually put it on about 20 minutes before I'm going to bed which gives it enough time to sink into the skin before you go to sleep.  And if your worried about leaving a mask on overnight or your skin isn't that dry, you can also use it like a normal mask and wash it off after 10-20 minutes.

This is just the best smelling moisturiser you will ever own, being fresh and fruity.  It's a really lightweight, hydrating moisturiser that is free from oil so won't clog your pores and give you a break out.  It contains coffee beans which makes it quite brightening and energising on the skin, making you look more awake than you really are.  After using this I feel like I have to get the GinZing Eye Cream.  It's on my wish list.

What are your favourite Origins products for skincare?

No comments:

Post a Comment