Sunday 16 February 2014

The Lancome Eye




Ever since I started wearing make-up I've simply swung from product to product trying to find the perfect mascara which creates lots of volume and length without being too clumpy.  I've tried both drugstore and higher end but not once have I ever purchased the same mascara twice.  It wasn't that I was particularly unhappy with any of the mascara's I was using, I was just on the hunt for something better.  This Christmas my wonderful boyfriend gave me lots of lovely LANCÔME goodies and among them was the HYPNÔSE DRAMA mascara and the CRAYON KHÔL eyeliner.  Since both of these products have officially become staples in my make-up bag I thought I would talk to you about both.

Turns out this mascara is everything I had been looking for, if not more.  Upon opening of this beauty I wasn't sure what to expect, it was just another mascara to try, right? Wrong.  The brush is curved allowing for high volume and thicker looking lashes without all of the unwanted clumps (I can hear all of your screams of joy now).  Not only can you create big, bold, full body lashes for those nights out, you can also apply it with lighter strokes to add length for the days where you want to wear the "no make-up, make-up" look.  Perfect for us ladies working in a job where minimal make-up is allowed.

So, what's so special about the Crayon Khol eyeliner I hear you ask?  Well, the eyeliner itself is quite creamy and pigmented enabling for a really easy application whether you are hoping to achieve a crisp, sophisticated look or a dramatic smokey eye.  The sharp pencil lets me apply it quite seamlessly for a defined natural eye, which is the look I mostly go for, but it is also super blend-able which means I can even get in there with a brush to smudge it out for that sultry, "bedroom eyes" look.

These beauty essentials work hand in hand together and I can safely say that I will be purchasing again.

What is your favourite mascara or eyeliner?  Have you also tried these Lancome products?

No comments:

Post a Comment