Wednesday 19 February 2014

Lily-flame Candles






There's nothing like sitting in front of some freshly lit candles for some blogging inspiration.  The smell and the warm glowing flame somehow manages to completely send my mind into another world, one where all things cosy and beautiful takes over.  My candle addiction started years ago when I was first introduced to Yankee.  Before that candles were just something that my mum seemed to like, a lot, and I can't really say that at the time I understood why.  Well, one winters afternoon I decided to splash the cash and treat myself to one (or a few) of these Yankee candles that were so often raved about.  From then on I literally became obsessed, and admittedly I was very loyal to these amazingly scented candles for quite some time until that is I stumbled across Lily-flame candles.  Oh, how I've found heaven in a jar, or a tin in some cases.

I'll just jump straight in and tell you why these beauties are ranked above Yankee on my candle loving chart (that doesn't actually exist by the way).  The smell.  Need I say any more?  Firstly, there are so many different scents to choose from.  I seem to prefer the more fresh, girly, floral scents such as Fairy Dust, Rose Petals or Blush but there are plenty more available.  Secondly, after lighting these candles my room is instantly filled with beautiful, sweet aromas that lasts for the whole evening (even after being blown out) without being too overpowering.

Of course these wonderful creations have other elements of delightfulness too which make me want to repurchase again and again and again.  For one, they look really pretty.  The wax itself has four different coloured spikes around the wick that looks really nice (for as long as they last anyway).  You can buy them in glass jars or small tins, I personally like both and often switch up between them.  Another factor that makes these candles ever so special is the tiny descriptions they all have printed on the label, for example The first kiss of the night or Invisible and true or A delicate handful.  Each one has its own description and it makes you feel like you can pick a candle depending on what mood you are in or what you are doing.  Last of all I would just like to mention that these candles last for ages, what a winner.

What are your favourite candles?  Have you ever tried the Lily-flame ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment